US CPA Process – Exams now in India
Since the COVID situation demands you to stay home, it is the best time to upskill your knowledge. With the US CPA Exams now happening in India, there cannot be a better time to become accredit yourself with global profession.
With every milestone to acquire highest standard of competence, we at KC GlobEd make sure that your US CPA journey and process is swift and successful.
Certified Public Accountant is administered by the world’s largest Accounting Body i.e. American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and 55 US State Board of Accountancy. If you are pursuing US CPA, you are on your way to obtain an empowering credential that brings you the opportunity to work and settle anywhere around the globe.
How to Become a US CPA?
5 E’s for a successful CPA journey:
CPA requires 150 credits/16 years of education to become eligible for exam. However, there are some state boards like Alaska, Arizona, California, Guam and Montana which allows writing CPA exam after 120 credits (which is equivalent to a B.Com with more than 60% in graduation in India). The credit calculation is shown below:
- B.Com = 90 Credits (3 Years*30 Credits per Year) + 30 credits for First Division= 120 Credits
Additional Credits can be obtained by having additional education:
- M.Com/MBA = 60 Credits
- CA/CS/CWA recognized by few states as 2 years of US Education = 60 Credits
- 1 Year Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting = 30 Credits
Note: All the 55 US State Boards have different eligibility requirements and it is purely for administrative purposes. This does not create any difference in the value of qualification.
Taking a right US CPA Review Course is first step in your journey to become US CPA.
CPA Exam consists of 4 sections:
We would recommend you study in a 5 step approach to pass the CPA Exam in the first attempt.
You can also attend our frequent webinars to get exam tips and better understanding of the US CPA Exam.
- Obtaining transcript(s) of the educational qualifications from the institutions you graduated, masters and did your professional studies like CA/CS/CWA.
- These transcripts should be in a sealed envelope and should not be opened or tampered.
- These can be posted at the NASBA International Evaluation Services office address at 150 4th Ave. N., Suite 850Nashville, TN 37219; or
- Emailed directly from your educational institutions at 'email@example.com', marking candidate's email ID in CC.
- Visit NASBA website for making Payment for International Evaluation. https://nasba.org/blog/2019/02/11/international-credential-evaluation-for-cpa-examination-and-or-licensure/
- Start an evaluation by clicking on “I am a new applicant”.https://nies.terradotta.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Security.LoginWizardStepOne
- Choose "I am a new applicant" and click Submit.
- You are redirected on the New User details page to fill in a small set of information about yourself, like Name, email id, phone number.
- You receive an email from NIES@nasba.org at the email id filled in the form. This email contains a temporary password. Reset your password using the link provided in email.
- You will receive a login ID and password from NIES@nasba.org. This may take up to 1 day. Do not re-register. This email contains a replica of the form you filled for your records and the payment receipt of the applicable fee paid for the educational evaluation.
- You must provide all the transcripts and documents mentioned in the form to be evaluated. Remember only then the evaluation begins at NASBA and not before that.
- When you login with your login credentials you can now see an evaluation id specially generated for you. This identifies you separately from other candidates. It is highly recommended to use this evaluation id in any/all the documents or emails to send further at NASBA.
- Additionally, you will be required to mail the following documents to NASBA International evaluation:
- Graduation's Annual year marksheet
- Bachelor's Degree Certificate or Diploma
- Passport Copy
- Proof of Name Change (if applicable)- In case your name do not match with the certificate and the Passport. An declaration on the stamp paper i.e. a notarized Affidavit can be provided.
- Translations (if applicable)
- Under Electronic Requirements, tick check boxes against
- Can a third party speak on your behalf?
- Education History.
- Under ‘Click the Documents Below, Read, and Sign Electronically’ tick check boxes against
- Data Privacy Informed Consent & Attestation Statement
- NIES Policies
ENROLMENT - BOARD SELECTION
- NIES shares evaluation report to the selected State Board.
- Student need to pay enrolment fee of State Board along with 'State Board Application Form' to initiate the State Board enrolment process. Once the State Board finds the student eligible, a confirmation email is shared over the registered email id of the student.
- After this, the State Board forwards the ATT (Authorization To Test) to NASBA and NASBA shares the payment coupon (valid for 90 days) for payment of examination fees.
- NOTICE TO SCHEDULE
- After successful payment of examination fee to NASBA, the admit card namely NTS is received at your registered email id which you need to carry at the examination hall. Pro Tip: NTS expires in 180 days.
- Exam Pattern
The good news is that Surgent’s learning management software is designed just like the actual exam scenario
- PROMETRIC CENTRES IN INDIA
Once you have your NTS in your inbox, go to the Prometric website and book your slot/s at no additional cost for US Centres; and by paying international testing fees for Non-US centres (eg. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, now in India). US CPA Exams NOW IN INDIA at:
ParshwanathEsquare, 501, Corporate Rd, Prahlad Nagar, Ahmedabad, Gujarat-380015
3rd Floor Tower B Prestige ShantiNiketan,Opposite Big Bazzar, Whitefield, BANGALORE- 560066
Centennial Square, 3th Floor, 8909, 6th St, KG NTR Heritage, Murugesan Nagar, Kodambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu- 600024
2nd Floor, DLF Infinity Tower- A, Irish Tech Park, DLF City, DLF Phase 2, Sector 48, Gurugram, Haryana 122002
9th Floor, Unit-2, Kapil Towers, IT Block, Survey Number: 115/1, IT Park Opp. ICICI Bank Bldg, Serlingampally Mandal, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana- 500032
DN-62, 9th Floor, Tower 2, Millennium City, DN Block, Sector V, Bidhannagar, West Bengal 700091
6th Floor, Techniplex-I, Techniplex Complex GATE- 2, Veer Savarkar Flyover, Liliya Nagar, Goregaon-West, Mumbai, Maharashtra- 400062
7th K.E.K Towers, CV Raman Pillai Road,Opp Trivandrum Club, Vazhuthacaud, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala- 695010
As globalization is evolving the world faster than ever, it is important to have a globally recognized education credential. US CPA is best suited for commerce professionals having a global vision. US CPA Examinations happening in India is a big opportunity, make use of it and enrol now.
We, at KC GlobEd work hard every day to make CPA Journey easier for you, contact our counsellors now to understand the process in detail to become a future CPA!
Call us on +91 97735 76111/011-47593546
Leave a Reply